Saturday, February 19, 2011

Akismet - Your Partner In the War Against Spam

When self-hosting your own blog, Akismet is the primary plugin you need to protect yourself from spam. In two days I had 1,686 comments that were plain spam on my other blog about earning money online. Akismet is easily installed on WordPress blogs. In fact, if you want to know more about WordPress, you can get lots of effective videos that will guide you step-by-step through unleashing the full potential of WordPress when you get a hold of WordPress Unleashed.

According to the Akismet website, there have already been found more than 23 billion pieces of spam using their FREE software. So you will truly be saving lots of hours wading through checking your e-mail (where "normal" comments pending review arrive) if you fail to install Akismet.

I will be introducing you to a highly effective mail program I have installed on my brand-new Packard Bell laptop. This single mail program is the reason why I use Windows, and I can truly recommend it for everyone. It isn't free, as Mozilla Thunderbird is, but it's truly worth every cent.

If you're curious as to what that program is, you need to add this blog feed to your RSS newsreader. You're even welcome to guess what program I am talking of by adding your comment to this article. :-)

No comments: